Break ke baad | Keep reading

by - February 16, 2020



Hello Kyfam,

I don’t know if anyone besides my mains (aka my family and friends) have noticed, but I took a pretty big break from blogging. An almost five-month break to be exact.

The break started out unintentionally. I was bogged down by other responsibilities, and in the little free time I had, I found it tough to motivate myself to do anything besides the bare minimum for my blog. The writer’s block was really real, and I was on the struggle bus.

I kept putting things off. I kept telling myself I would finally publish that post “tomorrow” except “tomorrow” kept getting pushed back, and I kept stressing about it. Eventually I just decided to be intentional about my break and simply enjoy it with no guilt looming over me.

So why did I take a break from blogging?

The simple answer would be because I needed it to prevent a complete and total burnout, but the real answer was much deeper than the occasional bout of laziness and writer’s block.

I guess I just needed it, the stress of making things Instagram-able, being in the constant thought loop of what to write/post next, sitting in front of the screen gazing at different articles to get inspired from was quite fatiguing. I found myself looking at other posts and almost mirroring the same on my blog. Which I definitely didn’t want to just to meet the “you have to post” deadline in my head.

That’s what I started to reflect upon when I stopped stressing and allowed myself to enjoy my blogging break. In that time, I spent thinking, I was finally able to admit something to myself.


“It’s never too late… to be whoever you want to be… You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing… I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.”

I really love this quote, and this way of looking at life. It’s never too late to do anything. And if there is one thing, I know about myself it’s that I have the courage to adjust, adapt and start all over if necessary, in order to live a life, I’m proud of, a life that makes me happy.

A big thanks to all the lovely people who kept a check and asked me when I’ll be posting next. You guys kept me motivated to start again soon.

Until next time


Polý agape (lots of love) and stay cheerful :)






You May Also Like

0 comments