My struggle with Self Confidence .

by - March 08, 2017



 Self confidence is an issue that is widely ignored by most people as it is either regarded as “attention seeking” or “humility” . But , there is a big difference trust me .


Low self confidence and self esteem cause a lot of problems specially for the teenagers as they are just developing and are naive and don’t know who to talk to . Leading them into depression , becoming shy and leaves them feeling incompetent . The media plays an important role in how we portray ourselves . There is a certain idea of perfection and we all try to squeeze into it .  I did too and had a hard time trying .


Many people would class me as someone who is very comfortable with herself , outspoken , weird as well as a freak . But ,all that’s a big act , in fact I think I deserve an Oscar . I’ve struggled with my self confidence from a tender age of 11. I was diagnosed with hypermetropia and was given a thick frame of circular glasses with a string attached . As soon as the school reopened the comments poured in , people mocked me and called me names . I hated going to school I felt like I didn’t fit in I never did  .

Slowly I overcame that phase and entered my teens , the age where every body gets appearance cautious and social media had kicked in giving birth to people wanting to look/dress a certain way , I struggled with that too . While they  posted pictures with wide perfect smiles  , all my pictures turned out to  hideous WHY ? because of course I was blessed with the worst dental structure ( Bunny teeth , extra canines , disoriented teeth and what not ) . I strived a lot with figuring out how to smile , whenever the group laughed I covered my mouth trying to mask my teeth . This went on forever .


Until one day when I came across a picture of me laughing and it was taken from the right , and I was surprisingly in love with how it looked  . That day I realized it was all about discovering the right angle and slowly but eventually I did . By the time I turned 18   I had discovered my style and a good angle . But , this was all about seeking validation and I had to get over it .


Slowly I came out of that shell and started accepting my flaws . I realized they made me , they were a part of my personality and were a part of my uniqueness . I admitted my insecurities to myself , to others , learnt to laugh at myself , and found happiness and fulfillment regardless of my insecurities .I comprehended that confidence is a process and a work in progress not a permanent state of being I stopped trying to look like others because I obviously was genetically different and a $6 powder wouldn't help . Every day I work towards embracing myself .

For those who know me personally y’all know I laugh like a seal ! XP

Love yourself !

 Until next time 
Polý agape (lots of love) and stay cheerful :)  !




You May Also Like

0 comments