BUY or BYE : Kylie & Huda Beauty Lipsticks | Read More

by - June 17, 2017


Lipstick review


HELLOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE !

How are you guys ? I am super hyped about my finals getting over and am back with another BUY or BYE post Click here to read the previous one. For today’s post I am reviewing the Kylie and Huda beauty liquid lipsticks to see if they are worth all the hype . Keep reading to know my take on them.

       1.      Kylie liquid lipstick ( Birthday Edition) : I could get my hands on the birthday edition as at the time it was the only one with the least shipping cost :P .

Packaging : Needless to say the packaging is suuuper gorgeous . This being the birthday edition has a golden holder and I am digging it . It comes with a lip liner which is creamy and nice .Although it can get a little tough to sharpen. You get 3.75 ml of product which is a bit less for the price you pay for it .

Application : The doe foot applicator makes it easy to glide the product on although you need more than one application if you have pigmented lips . Coming to the whole lipstick experience , I gave it a few tries and I am not writing this based on one attempt but , I still don’t love it . The first application is not opaque enough and when you go for the second layer it gets all patchy and streaky .  You need to prep your lips really well before you apply it because it’s going to get drying . It might not seem initially but few hours on the run and your lips look massively dehydrated up-close and it also forms that chap stick sort of ring on your inner lips which I find very irritating .

I have heard that the formula various from shade to shade and the nude colors are really nice . I don’t intend to rant ,  for what I can speak of I disliked the ones I bought ( Kristen , Mary Jo k )


BUY or BYE :    BYE 

Review of kylie lipstick

Kristen 


Kylie lipstick review

Mary Jo K


     2.     Huda Beauty liquid lipstick (Famous):   I was already obsessed with this one , used to start and end my days by scrolling through the instagram posts .

Packaging :  A very chic acrylic tube that comes in a cardboard box covered with a plastic case . The lip liner is available as well but has to be purchased separately .You get 5ml of product which is pretty good .

Application : It has an angled doe foot applicator which fits perfectly against the lips .I was surprised when the first coat itself looked pretty good .It is quite opaque , you need to go over with a light second coat for a true velvet matte finish . It goes on the lips very smoothly and has a light creamy texture . Takes 5-7 minutes to dry and settle in . It is very comfortable on the lips even after drying , it is not highly moisturising but not extremely drying as well .
It performed well under the water and food test as well . Reapplication may be required after three hours if you had some oily food .

All and all I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT !!  Also I have a wedding to attend soon and I surely am taking this along .

BUY or BYE :    BUY 

Huda beauty lipstick review

Famous



Not the best at swatches but this is what I managed .



swatch


Until next time 
Polý agape (lots of love) and stay cheerful :)



You May Also Like

0 comments