FAITH | READ MORE

by - November 05, 2017




Not many know this part of me , I don’t speak about this much . But , this incident changed me so much and made me aware of so many things I was ungrateful and ignorant of , I realized I should. 

Dated back to  summer break 2011. It was the month of June and everyone was indulged in chores . I got done with mine and went to the kitchen to check on the eggs. My mom kept them for boiling in a pressure cooker ( apparently it’s a speedy process ) . She had asked me to turn the stove off , pull the whistle to release the pressure and then take the eggs out to cool . I did the same , except I didn’t release the pressure completely ( in haste of-course ).


What followed happened in a matter of seconds and happened so fast I couldn’t prevent it . As a result of exerted pressure the lid bounced off and stuck to my face and the boiling water poured on as well . I was a little agile in removing the lid off my cheek but the hot boiling water was  unavoidable . Thanks to the cooker’s lid the water poured only on the left side of my face , I screamed . My aunt rushed to help .

First aid ? Colgate as it would prevent blisters and give a cooling effect  . The pain was unbearable I had to sit in front of an air cooler so that I didn’t feel the burn as much . It was torturous . Little did I know this pain was only physical , what I had to go through later would be worse . We rushed to the hospital as soon as my dad came .

The first hospital redirected us as they couldn’t treat this kind of burns. On reaching the second hospital there was huge queue , I felt even more miserable . But , the people were kind enough to let me go first . The doctor first checked if my eyes were fine as I wore contact lens , then rushed me to the emergency room  . I was nervous , scared . They nursed my burn and consoled me telling the burning would reduced but the scar would remain faintly .

 I lost hope . On knowing that I won’t be the same again . Luckily I had my holidays going on so I was mostly at home ,slightly sobbing  looking at old pictures. Every trip to the mall or just a step outside was a terror , all those weird questioning eyes , second looks and finger points . Everything was adding to my  misery . The ointment tube got empty and the wound wasn’t making any progress yet . Disappointed again , me and my family left for pilgrimage . This was pre-planned and at that point it felt like the only good thing happening .

On reaching there and on the sight of Kaabah my knees felt weak , I had been here many times but , this time I had something I really needed to pray for .It’s true a person remembers god most only in pain . It’s sad but the truth . For my scar to heal and my families’ well being is all I prayed for .

As we were in Mecca we had access to abundant Zam-Zam . I  washed my wound with it everyday . One fine day when I was washing my wound I felt a little peel . My skin was loosening , I gently tugged onto the peel and gradually a major part of the skin was off . Beneath which was my normal skin . My happiness knew no bounds , I fell in Sujood sobbing and thanking Allah . The next day the remaining skin had shed off and now I was back to how I looked before . My miracle happened !

I don’t know if it was the after-effect of the ointment or ZamZam itself .But , I sure do believe this is my miracle . It happened as a result my supplications . From this event onward my faith has only strengthened and has made me acknowledge every small blessing in life .


We all just ramble about things we don’t have instead of counting our blessings . Thank the lord for keeping us healthy and for all the tiny good things in life . 

Count your blessings !
Until next time
Polý agape (lots of love) and stay cheerful :)



You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. Such a inspirational story ❤ !
    Great one kyria :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great inspirational story! Like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing such an inspirational story. Also to make aware of such things as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inspirational indeed. Faith is a very positive force.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Health is wealth indeed. We crib for everything. But God has kept us healthy is the best we are experiencing.
    Lovely piece of motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an inspiring story. Faith makes us who we are. Kudis to uour stength

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is Manisha. Miracles happen and I believe they happen. One just happened to you I feel through that incident.

    ReplyDelete