5 STEPS for EASY DECLUTTER | READ MORE

by - September 08, 2018




HELLO Hello

I am hoarder and I can’t let go of things easily . After my long vacay , I came back to a wardrobe full of clothes and needed to make space for my new ones. Whilst sorting I thought I should go through the stuff and do a declutter. It was super hard for me but, here is how I managed to get through and you can too.

STEP 1:

Empty cupboards\ drawers onto the ground.
This gives an all-encompassing view of all the stuff you’ve been hoarding. This step will let  you mind map all the stuff you want to continue having and things you don’t.

STEP2 :

Divide all contents into categories.
Separate into piles; shoes, shirts, skirts, pants, scarves, socks and however you want to sort . this aloows you to decide easily where to station them .  

STEP3:

Apply the one year rule.

Be 100% real with yourself. Recruit a friend for support if you have difficulty letting go.You haven’t reached for something in an year ? kiss it bye!

STEP 4:

Invest in organization

It’s time to adult. We’re talking thinner hangers, fabric boxes and clothing hampers. Having a place for everything= cleaner room with less effort to keep it that way. Basically when everything has a box it is automatically cleaner and so much more easier to locate.

STEP 5:

Divide things you are getting rid of

-          TOSS : worn out, damaged or stained items.
-          DONATE: wearable items with a decent resale value.

There you go! This should help you get decluttered and organized super-fast. I kept this post super short and crisp so that it is relatable. Hope you guys found it helpful.

Until next time


Polý agape (lots of love) and stay cheerful :)


 







You May Also Like

3 comments