Life Update : How to manage it all. | Read More

by - July 14, 2019




Hey Blog!!!!

It’s been so long that I’ve sat down to write a blog. I’ve been making a lot of IGTV videos meanwhile ‘click here’ to view a few.

Coming to today’s post I thought it would be apt to give you guys a life update and get you all caught up with what’s happening.

Yalla !!!

I’ve started going to work recently so here is what my daily routine looks like:
  •           Work from 7:30-3:30
  •           Commute to and fro from work (about 2 hours total, sometimes less)
  •           Prep for lunch and dinner once I reach home.
  •           Home chores: dishes, laundry, cleaning etc
  •           Planning my feed and uploading.
With all this happening the first few days I got drained by the end of the day. That's when I decided to plan my day in a more efficient way to get some relaxation time as well. Here is what I came up with.


      1.      Fill two needs with one deed: Optimize your time with combining certain tasks. This doesn’t necessarily mean multi-tasking because that may be counterproductive. If there are a couple of things that can be done simultaneously without problem, do them together!

            Example:

a.       During my commute I either listen to podcasts (personal development) or    talk to my mom/mother in law (relationships).
b.      While I fold laundry (day to day tasks) I’ll watch youtube videos   (recreation).
c.      While having lunch at office I listen to the holy Quran (religious).

Combining things has made things easier and more enjoyable for me.

      2.     Make commitments: If you aren’t at par with self-discipline it usually works if  you make commitments, this way you have a strict deadline and get things done.

      3.     Routine: Don’t do chores as per your mood, whereas assign a day to it.

      Example: Laundry every Friday, writing a blog every Thursday etc. This way I don’t allow myself to work on anything except those tasks for the day.This has worked so well for me and made me more productive and consistent.

      4.     If it takes less than FIVE minutes do it: This simple rule is a life changer. If  I notice I am procrastinating on something I think to myself “that will take a couple of minutes” and then I do it.

         Example:

a.      Washing the dishes right after using them.
b.     Taking the trash out.
c.      Making the bed.
d.     Putting away clothes after taking them off.
e.      Deciding my clothes for the nest work day.
f.       Tidy my room.

These tasks may seem so minuscule yet living by this rule really saves up time, makes you feel productive and confident plus things are always clean. It’s a WIN WIN.
That’s all for this blog guys, hope it was a good read.  I’ll try and post here more often.

Until next time


Polý agape (lots of love) and stay cheerful :)


You May Also Like

0 comments