Re frame your negative thoughts

by - January 29, 2017

This is something I have personally gone through, at one point of time I had so much negative happening around me which lead me to think in the same way too . But, I am glad I re framed them and refrained from implementing on any of those thoughts or thinking more about them . Here are 6 effective strategies I use when ever my mind wanders into negative thoughts .

1.      Be the watcher : Simply being conscious of myself as a detached witness to my thoughts . This gets me thinking in another perspective and makes me realize my wrong.

2.     Name the thought : Acknowledging that these are just thoughts and nothing more than thoughts – not my reality .

3.     Just say no : When I catch myself in mental looping or worry I simply say STOP to myself . This might seem mere but is very effective , it breaks the loop and gets you to step out of it .

4.     The rubber band trick : Or the pinch trick , if the above tip doesn’t get me out of the loop I pop a rubber band around my wrist or pinch to break the loop of thoughts.

5.     Know the triggers : Paying attention to common worries and anxieties I brood about , has given me a lead to refrain from them .

6.     Distract : This I usually use . I do something that occupies my mind so that there’s no room for negative thoughts .


You May Also Like

2 comments