Who is a strong girl ?

by - February 22, 2017



Every time my life went a little downhill I was always told to deal the circumstances with poise and be a strong girl .

But, my head always questioned me ‘Who is a strong girl? ’ and I was told : 

-        --        Who can get through heartbreaks , ended friendships and dysfunctional relationships .

-         --          Who fakes a smile and walks away like nothing happened every time the world hurt her .

-         Who holds back her tears and rushes to the washroom and weeps .

-         Who is always available to new friendships.
     -         Who has enough energy to  pretend during the day and tired of out running her problems at night.

-         Who has a million rumors  about her and acts unaffected by them .

-         Who doesn’t see any point in sharing her miseries .She is.              considered the funny one , the bubbly one , the problem solver .

-         Friends come up to her with their issues expecting her to know what to do because she seems to have her shit together .

-         Who listens , understands and tries to be a good friend.

-         Who has gotten used to putting her problems aside .

-         Who is careless , frank and strong opinionated .

-         Who doesn’t text her family/friends when she has a mental         breakdown , chooses to be quiet about it instead .


Well , if these were the criterion of a strong girl I was pretty much all of them . Yet I felt , I only looked strong but didn’t feel so . As if I was living a lie. But, as time passed and I handled life’s tantrums whilst keeping my calm what I didn’t comprehend  was  , a strong girl is someone who doesn’t realize that she is strong as iron , because she always keeps hope , because  she keeps going even though she’s witnessed how cruel the world can be .

Even though the world constantly wants to make you a different person with it's stereotypes  , stay true to who you are ‘Be a strong girl’ .

Until next time 
Polý agape (lots of love) and stay cheerful :)  !






You May Also Like

0 comments