Style on a budget | Commercial Street

by - April 19, 2017




Wassup KYFAM !


We all are low key fashionistas and want to keep up with the latest trends but, everything trending is either pricey or not in reach (especially if you dress modestly like I do IMPOSSIBLE !). Pause and look around , every city has its gem where you can splurge and get more than what you spent . Such a place is Bangalore’s Commercial Street . A sprawling flea market with lanes and lanes of apparel , accessories , home decor and what not . On my recent visit to this flea market I gave myself a challenge of spending only Rs.1000 and see if I could put together a complete outfit. 

Keep reading to see what I assembled.



The lane I went to was right adjacent to Safina Plaza , this landmark will get you to the exact places I shopped at  and also is a safe spot to park . After an hour and a half of exploring and frisking multiple shops I settled for a denim shirt dress which I wanted since forever , a tang sling bag , strap flip flops,  an long owl chain , arm candies and a long black tank top . I will mention the shop and price deets below the images . 





Denim shirt dress : Rs.350 , Shop No. (110)





Tang sling bag : Rs.150 , Shop No.(148)
Strap flip flops : Rs.200,Shop No.(72)










Chain:Rs.50, Shop ( Street Vendor)
Arm Candies : Rs.70 , Shop (Street Vendor)







Long Tank Top :Rs.130 , Shop No.(110)



The best part about the denim shirt dress is that it is so versatile and you can use it as a layering piece and get another look out of it . Layer it over a tank top and you have a casual street look . 









I spent 1 ½ hour and Rs.950 on this look , it’s definitely a catch .Now that you know about the place what are you waiting for ? Get out and explore this wonderful street . It has something for everybody and you surely will find something of your style . I’ve not even mentioned the yummy street food ( Bhel Puri , Lassi and cut mango ! ) .


Take a day off and unwind in this chaotic home of small and big finds. 


Until next time 
Polý agape (lots of love) and stay cheerful :)  


You May Also Like

0 comments